How to Build a MyListing Starter Site Replica
Building better MyListing websites. One guide at a time.
Table of Contents
We were recently approached by someone who was looking to create a replica of Starter Site 2 ‘The Barbers Guild’ for a client.
They had paid someone $99 on the Fiverr work platform to help with the task, but experiencing 1-2 week response times from the Fiverr “professional”, for simple tasks, and up against the clock, they wanted to buy Starter Site 2 for $99 (75% OFF), so they could complete their project on time.
You get what you pay for and we recommend not using services that use a race-to-the-bottom pricing model because as my father is famous for saying “The quickest way to get a job done is to have to do it all over again.”
We give you all of the resources to do everything yourself if you are willing to put in the work or we are available to help you, and I guarantee you that an hour with us is worth a lot more than an hour with someone that doesn’t already know the MyListing theme inside and out.
So, how can we help this potential customer, given the amount of money they are looking to spend and what they are wanting to get in return?
While a guide like this was always in the back of our minds, being able to answer the above question, was the thing that pushed us into action in writing this.
An Ultimate Membership will help you be well on your way to replicating one of our Starter Sites, but again, you must be willing to put in the work.
Rather than cover what’s included in the Ultimate membership, let’s cover what’s not included, that you would get if you bought a Starter Site.
What's Not Included
- The time to install and configure WordPress (Menus, Taxonomies, etc.)
- The time to install and configure WooCommerce up to the point where ‘subscription switching’ is functional.
- The time (and money) to buy, install and configure WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- The time (and money) to buy, install and configure Elementor Pro.
- The time (and money) to buy, install and configure Crocoblock JetTabs.
- The time (and money) to buy, install and configure Permalink Manager Pro.
- The time (and money) to buy and install the MyListing Club Duplicate Listings plugin.
- The time to install the MyListing Parent and Child Themes.
- The time to configure MyListing Theme Options.
- The time to configure MyListing Taxonomies.
- The time to add all individual pages. (Save time: Starter Site Kits)
- The time to download and add the corresponding Templates. (Save time: Starter Site Kits)
- The time to import all Templates into all corresponding pages, and adjust Elementor Display Conditions. (Save time: Starter Site Kits)
- The time to configure Elmentor Global Site Settings, Global Colors, Display Conditions, etc. (Save time: Starter Site Kits)
- The time to download and add the corresponding Master CSS Package.
- The time to download and add the corresponding Listing Product Package.
- The time to download and add the corresponding Listing Types.
- The time, to locate, download, and add the corresponding Code Snippets.
In the next section, we introduce ‘Starter Site Kits’ for those that want to save even more of their time and their sanity, by eliminating some of the most time-intensive steps of the ones listed above.
Starter Site Kits
You are an Ultimate Member that put in a good amount of time thus far, you have taken full advantage of everything the membership has to offer, and now you’re possibly interested in the thought of these time-saving Starter Site Kits. So, what the heck are they?
Starter Site Kits include all Elementor-based content, Elementor-based templates, and Elementor-based settings used to build a particular Starter Site and are available as a download that can easily be imported into an existing MyListing website.
Please note that Elementor Pro is required for Starter Site Kits.
Starter Site Kits include all the pages (as well as their content) that have been edited with Elementor when building a particular Starter Site, which is pretty much every page you see when browsing a Starter Site.
This saves you a ton of time by not having to create the pages from scratch and then going through the page template import process to bring in the content.
Starter Site Kits include all the templates (as well as their display conditions) that have been created with Elementor when building a particular Starter Site, such as headers, footers, single posts, etc.
These templates compliment the Elementor Content portion of the Starter Site Kits, as the pages will be in place and ready for your display conditions to do their thing.
This saves you time by not having to hunt for individual templates, download them, and then figure out the display conditions.
Elementor Site Settings
Starter Site Kits include all the settings within Elementor when building a particular Starter Site, such as Global Site Settings, Global Colors, Lightbox Settings, and more.
This not only saves you time in terms of design but also ensures you are using settings that we have tested with MyListing websites.
Implementing a Starter Site Kit is super simple and saves you a ton of time.
- Purchase and download your Starter Site Kit.
- Back up your website. (IMPORTANT: We are not responsible for anything that goes wrong with Elementor, so be sure to back up your site before importing a kit. Also, note that you can restore a previous version of your Elementor Site Settings by going to Site Settings > History > Revisions.).
- Elementor > Settings > Experiments > Import Export Template Kit: Select ‘Enable’ and click ‘Save Changes’.
- Elementor > Tools > Import / Export Kit > Import a Template Kit: Click the ‘Start Import’ button.
- Click the ‘Select File’ button, browse to the download location of your Starter Site Kit, and select it.
At this point, the Starter Site Kit should import successfully within a minute or so, and you will be presented with a “Your files is ready!” message.
Let's Do Some Math
We know Starter Sites are $399, so let’s start there and see how close we can get to that number, by again, assuming we want to replicate the design and functionality of Starter Site 2.
Aside from your time, the items below should get you everything you need to replicate Starter Site 2.
- Ultimate Membership ($16 /month) (Note: Let’s assume a best-case scenario that you only need 1 month.).
- Starter Site Kit ($99 /one-time)
- Crocoblock JetTabs ($15 /year)
- Duplicate Listings Plugin ($19.99 /year)
- WooCommerce Subscriptions ($199 /year)
The above items total $349, so you would be saving around $50, and that is a best-case scenario that assumes you don’t need the 2nd month of an Ultimate Membership.
Again, is it possible to replicate a Starter Site? It absolutely is!
The big question is which path (Starter Site Kit or Starter Site) is the right one for your particular situation.