How to Import and Export MyListing Listing Types
Building better MyListing websites. One guide at a time.
Table of Contents
Building Listing Types from scratch can be a daunting task, but with the help of this guide and our pre-configured Listing Types, that can be a thing of that past.
In this guide, we will also cover when it is a good idea to export your Listing Types.
Import Listing Types Into MyListing
- Download the Listing Type config file.
- Listing Types > Add New.
- Give your Listing Type a title (e.g. Events). (Note: You can change this later.).
- Click ‘Save Draft’.
- From the right-hand portion of the Listing Type screen, under Config, click on the ‘Import Config File’ button.
- Browse to the location of the downloaded config file and select the file.
- Click ‘OK’ to confirm the replacement of the current config.
- Click ‘Publish’.
Once you have the Listing Type config imported, you can change its Title, Singular Name, Plural Name, etc. to whatever you like.
However, please be aware that depending on your website’s particular setup, you will need to update the settings to reflect the new Title of your Listing Type.
For example, since the MyCity Charlotte Starter Site uses the Listing Type name of “Place”, the core “Add Listing” page is set up to look for that Listing Type name.
If you were to change the Title of the Listing Type to ‘Shops’, then the ‘Add Listing’ page would lose its “connection” with the Listing Type.
A simple edit of that ‘Add Listing’ page’s 27 > Add Listing Form Elementor widget would bring that connection right back.
Another really important thing to keep in mind is the slug of your Listing Type, which is not exposed to you by default, and should match the name of your Listing Type.
The video included in this guide covers how to expose the slug of the Listing Type and how to change it if needed.
Export Listing Types From MyListing
- Edit the Listing Type.
- From the right-hand portion of the Listing Type screen, under Config, click on the ‘Export Config File’ button.
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the exported Listing Type config file.
- Rename the downloaded file to something meaningful. (Note: The more meaningful you name the file, the more likely you are to recognize why you save that particular version of your Listing Type to begin with.).