By default, MyListing will inject ‘listing’ into the URL structure of your Single Listings, and this is not beneficial from an SEO or useability standpoint.
This guide will teach you how to easily remove ‘listing’ from the URLs.
- Install and activate the Permalink Manager Lite plugin.
- WordPress Dashboard > Tools > Permalink Manager > Permastructures
- Post Types > Listings > Remove ‘listing/’ to that only %job_listing% remains.
- Click the ‘Save Permastructures’ button.
- WordPress Dashboard > Tools > Permalink Manager > Tools > Renerate/Reset
- Select Post Types > Select only the box for Listings.
- Select Post Statuses > Select all the boxes.
- Click the ‘Regenerate’ button.
That’s all there is to it! If you refresh your website, all of your Listings should now have the ‘listing’ portion removed.
Don’t stop at just removing ‘listing’ from your Single Listing URLs. Check out the Club’s partnership with Permalink Manager Pro and addons like MyListing Add-on for Permalink Manager Pro that allows you to set up custom Region Page links.
Check out all of the Club resources that are specifically there to help you address SEO on MyListing websites.