Set Register as the Default Selection on the MyListing Login Page
Build Better MyListing Websites. One Guide at a Time.
By default, MyListing will present users with the ‘Sign In’ option, and some website owners prefer to default to the ‘Register’ option.
Before we begin, the following steps assume you have the MyListing Child Theme already installed and activated.
If you have yet to install the Child Theme, you can easily do so by following our How to Install the MyListing Child Theme guide.
There are absolutely no downsides to having the Child Theme in place, so we recommend adding the install to your checklist as one of the first steps in implementing a MyListing website.
- Using an FTP application like FileZilla (FREE), connect to your website. (Note: You can use file manager plugins, but we highly recommend you use FTP applications, so that you always have access to your website should something go awry.).
- Browse to the path shown below.
- Copy the ‘add-listing.php’ file down to your local workstation.
- Create the path shown below.
- Copy the ‘add-listing.php’ file to the path created in Step 4.
- Edit line #161, replacing ‘login’ with ‘register’, and when you’re done it should appear as shown below.