Add Your Website to Google Search Console (GSC)
- Log into Google Search Console with an existing Google account or create a new account specifically for this website.
- Under the Google Search Console, click ‘Add Property’, and click ‘Add Property’ again.
- For the Domain property type, enter a naked domain (see image). (Note: You do not enter anything before your domain name such as “www”, “https://”, etc.).
- Click Continue.
For the next steps, we need to make some additions to DNS and since we use Cloudflare for all of our DNS services, we’ll cover how to make changes over there.
Note: Be sure to check out our Cloudflare CDN for MyListing Websites guide even if you’re already using Cloudflare.
- Log in to Cloudflare.
- Choose the website that we wanting to verify as part of this guide.
- Browse to the DNS tab.
- Click the +Add Record button.
- Using the DNS Record type drop-down, select ‘TXT’.
- Enter the values given to you by Google, using our image below as a reference.
- Click Save.
- Go back to the Google Search Console and click Verify.
If everything goes well, you should see the image below, and after you click GO TO PROPERTY, you’ll notice that Google has started to process your website’s data.
You’ll want to give Google some time, checking back every 15 minutes or so until the processing has completed.